We have a multi award winning fund and investment research team that focuses on combining both qualitative and quantitative views into our process. Below, we show we have a strong, 16 factor process, that acts as a long-standing guide to our analysts. Over time, our positive rated investment strategies have added good excess returns and negatively rated strategies have underperformed.
How we evaluate Fund Managers
- Our strong track record
- We separate out signal from noise
- Usually owners do the work
- We are ex-investors
- We have a consistent approach
- We are thorough
- We focus on added value
About Manager Research RatingsEach investment strategy is rated according to three categories:
How we select funds to rate
- Funds and separate accounts
- Onshore and offshore funds
- Open ended and closed ended strategies
- Single asset class and Multi-asset class strategies
- Active and Passives
- Strategies from large institutions as well as smaller boutiques
The Rating ProcessWe cover each investment strategy comprehensively by following the steps below.
We generally spend between 50 and 100 hours on each strategy and the
full rating process can take up to 4 months.